Graduate Home | Why HDSP? | Ph.D. Coursework & Requirements | M.S. Coursework & Requirements | Applying To Our Programs | Forms | Careers | Graduate Research | Child Life Track
- Leave of Absence
- Please return form complete with chair of supervisory committee and department chair signature to Graduate records
in 302 PARK.
- If you are an international student on an F-1 or J-1 Visa, please contact the International
Center about requesting a leave (801)581-8876 or 410 Union.
- Drop/Withdraw from the class(es) for the semester that you are requesting a leave
of absence. For assistance, please contact the Registrar's office (801)581-8969 or
250N Student Services Building, window #13.
- A leave of absence may be granted for a maximum of one year.
- Retroactive leaves of absences are not granted. Leave of absence form must be submitted
no later than the last day of class.
- It is your responsibility to register for the semester following this leave of absence. If you need to extend
this leave of absence, a new form must be submitted. If you do not register for the
term indicated, you will be discontinued and will need to reapply through Graduate
- Note: A student who chooses to drop/withdraw from class(es) should first determine the
impact, if any, on tuition benefits, insurance coverage, financial aid rewards, loan
repayments, etc., which may require evidence of academic enrollment.
- Petition for Consideration of Exception to Policy
- Undergraduate Petition for Graduate Credit
- Application for Graduate Degree
- All graduate candidates for graduation must complete an Application for Graduate Degree
with the Registrar's Office, Graduation Division. Applications will not be accepted
more than one year in advance. Deadlines for submission are:
- Fall Graduation (December) — June 1
- Spring Graduation (May) — November 1
- Summer Graduation (August) — February 1
- Thesis Office Forms for students completing an M.S. thesis or PhD dissertation
- Graduate Student Thesis Handbook
- The University's Thesis Handbook provides crucial information for graduate students
completing an M.S. with thesis or a PhD dissertation and is available online.