IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COME FOR AN APPOINTMENT IN PERSON:
If coming for an in person appointment is not possible then schedule a phone appointment. Phone appointments are not optimal for academic advising, but they are the best alternative we have.
- To schedule the appointment start by checking the availability of the advisors above.
- Select a day/time that you will be able to be at a computer and log into Campus Information Systems.
- When given the option choose "telephone" for the way you would like to meet for the appointment.
- On the day/time of the appointment the academic advisor will call you, please be ready to take the call.
- To verify your Identity the advisor will ask you for your FERPA PIN. You must create a FERPA PIN BEFORE the appointment!
Instructions for how to create a FERPA PIN can be found here: https://advising.utah.edu/release-of-information/index.php
Our goal is to assist you in achieving your academic and career goals by helping you choose majors and minors and select appropriate courses.
- Advise students regarding the requirements for each of the two department majors.
- Discuss with students the career opportunities for each of the majors.
- Counsel students in class selection and course scheduling in order to effectively fulfill major and minor requirements.
- Inform students about available scholarships.
- Help students understand University and Department policies pertinent to their academic progress.
- Non-majors are welcomed by the advisor who will help them select departmental courses that are appropriate to their academic and career needs.