- Please return form complete with chair of supervisory committee and department chair signature to Graduate records in 302 PARK.
- If you are an international student on an F-1 or J-1 Visa, please contact the International Center about requesting a leave (801)581-8876 or 410 Union.
- Drop/Withdraw from the class(es) for the semester that you are requedsting a leave of absence. For assistance please contact the Registrar's office (801)581-8969 or 250N Student Services Buidling, window #13.
- A leave of absence ma be granted for a maximum of one year.
- Retroactive leaves of absences are not granted. Leaves of absence form must be submitted no later thanthe last day of class.
- It is your responsibility to register for the semester following this leave of absence. If you need to extend this leave of absence, a new form must be submitted. If you do not register for the term indicated, you will be discontinued and will need to reapply through Graduate Admission.
- Note: A student who chooses to drop/withdraw their class(es) should first determine the impact, if any, on tuition benefits, insurance coverage, financial aid rewards, lon repayments, etc., which may require evidence of academic enrollment.
All graduate candidates for graduation must complete an Application for Graduate Degree with the Registrar's Office, Graduation Division. Applications will not be accepted more than one year in advance. Deadline for submission are:
- Fall Graduation (December) — June 1
- Spring Graduation (May) — November 1
- Summer Graduation (August) — February 1
The University's Thesis Handbook also provides crucial information for graduate students and is on-line.